How does the Scout Group work?
- The Group Scout Leader manages the Group and is responsible for its support and development and the programme of activities it offers to young people.
- The Group Chairman and the Group Executive Committee support the Group Scout Leader and ensure the effective administration of the Scout Group. The Committee meets four times a year
- The Group Executive Committee aims to make sure that the Scout Group has the facilities and resources needed to deliver good Scouting in the Group.
- The leaders in the Group work with their team of adults (who perform a variety of roles) to deliver an exciting and attractive programme of activities for young people in the Group. Their work is co-ordinated through the Group Scouters' meeting (chaired by the Group Scout Leader), which includes the Section Leaders and Assistants.
- The Group Chairman works closely with the Group Scout Leader and together they ensure the successful running of the Scout Group.